Autonomous vehicles regulations comment period closes later this month
“Trucking industry stakeholders can comment on two pre-rules from the U.S. Department of Transportation regarding the regulatory path to integrating autonomous trucks and cars onto public roads.”- According to the article in overdriveonline.com and its author Matt Cole
“Those interested can comment on FMCSA’s notice here through July 29. The agency is asking the public to comment on the following topics regarding autonomous trucks:
- Do the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations require a human driver?
- CDL endorsements for automated driving system (ADS) operators
- Hours of service rules for ADS operators
- Medical qualifications for ADS operators
- Distracted driving and monitoring
- Safe driving
- Inspection, repair, and maintenance of ADS-equipped trucks
- Roadside inspections of ADS-equipped vehicles
- Confidentiality of shared information
There are a number of questions under each topic, which can be seen in Section XI of the ANPRM here.” – Cole also wrote in his article.
Read the full story HERE
Source and credits: overdriveonline.com / Matt Cole