Charges to be dropped against trucker who drove through a crowd in Minneapolis
Charges to be dropped against the tanker truck driver, Bogdan Verichenko who drove through a crowd in Minneapolis protesting after the death of George Floyd last year.
Semi-#truck tanker attempting to drive through crowd blocking Interstate 35W Bridge across Mississippi River
V/@ShadePratt23 V/@iTrucker_ ,@PawlowskiMario @MargaretSiegien #protests2020 #riots2020 #FloydProtests #floydgeorge #Floyd #GeorgeFloydProtestspic.twitter.com/XvfXeXhiCT
— iTrucker (@iTrucker_) May 31, 2020
“More than 1,000 people were on the bridge when Vechirko drove into the crowd. Videos showed protesters running to get out of the way. Amazingly, no one was hit by the semi or seriously injured. Vechirko told investigators he was in a hurry, hoped the crowd would let him pass, and admitted he could have stopped the truck sooner, according to the charges.
Kevin Devore, Vechirko’s lawyer, told FOX 9 the defense and Hennepin County Attorney’s Office reached an agreement Friday for a continuance for dismissal. As long as Verchirko completes a restorative justice program, pays any restitution, and remains law-abiding, the charges will be dropped a year from now.” – According to the article in fox9.com
Read the whole and original story including videos HERE
Source and credits: Fox 9
iTrucker / Mario Pawlowski / iTrucker.com
Bogdan Vechirko, George Floyd, Tanker trucker, trucker, truck driver, Minneapolis